Friday, July 14, 2006

CASH BUFFETT FOR GATES

Usually I do not blog links but the lead story from this week's edition of Fortune magazine caught my eye. Warren Buffett has finally decided to be a philanthropist and he is giving a significant portion of his Berkshire Hathaway stock to...uhm...er.. the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation- among others. Certainly good for his conscience and good news to a world that needs it.

Interesting... The figures are mind boogling...even before you get round to the funny math.

Hey, and I am reading the print edition... it has this photo where Buffett crashes a Gateses photo shot with that Rocker with the Messianic Complex. (I do not follow his philanthropy, but I sure love his music!)

Warren Buffett Gives it Away

1 comment:

POTASH said...

I kinda like what he said in the interview:
"Certainly neither sussie nor I thought that we should pass huge amounts of money along to our children..." and on and on about his children having all the advantage in their upbringing, and education
"In effect they have a gigantic headstart in a society that aspires to be a meritocracy. Dynastic mega wealth would further tilt the playing field that we ought to be trying instead to level."